Liberty University is a private evangelical Christian university in Lynchburg, Virginia. It is one of the largest Christian universities in the world and the largest private non-profit university in the United States, measured by student enrollment.
Liberty is interested in embracing a data-first academic culture supported by artificially intelligent services to deliver the right content on any device to students at all stages of their academic journey. Liberty wanted to design and deploy ML models using GCP tools that can address the 5 Liberty goals:
- Career to Competency Mapping
- User Experience focused on access, simplicity, and convenience
- Personalized and Adaptive learning that reinforces mastery
- Prescriptive analytics for Just-In-Time nudges / interventions
- Lifelong learning and retooling with low barrier of entry
Google Cloud Implementation
SpringML team helped build a model to analyse Student data (Banner and Blackboard), Assessment data and Interactions data to predict students at risk and the recommended guidance. The model results can be used by Liberty staff to provide timely intervention/nudge to students.
Check out our recent blogs and videos on best practices and implementation approaches.